Kadam Chota Change Bada

Kadam Chhota, Change Bada.
Every change begins with a small step, whether it’s a change within your family or the whole country! India’s hero, Padman, had its digital premiere on ZEE5, on 11th May. Don’t miss this inspiring true-life story, only on ZEE5. 
Download the app and subscribe nowFor every subscription, ZEE5 will donate Rs. 5 towards the personal hygiene needs of underprivileged women. 


It was about ten years ago when there was no judicial immunity to the people who were helping the accident victims. I was driving in my car with my mom for shopping towards Lajpat Nagar market in Delhi. As I approached the major crossing, called the Moolchand Crossing, I saw three boys in early twenties driving the motorcycle recklessly. Suddenly the bus in front of them applied breaks and these three without the helmet bumped into the bus and two of them got the head injury.
The state of the two boys was really grave and needed immediate medical intervention. It took a split of a second for me to take the "chota Kadam" to take them to nearby Moolchand hospital in-spite of my mom warning me of the troubles with police and judiciary for this action. I think, I empathized with the boys who were of my son's age and I just could not leave them with head-injury on the road. I asked people to help me to put the boy in my car and  I requested someone else to put the other boy in his car.
Soon enough the police van arrived and police personnel started asking me the details and it was turning menacing. "YES" the people came to my support immediately. The police said sorry and requested me to take the boy to the hospital as they could carry have only one boy in the van. The police van started the shooters and made way so that we could drive fast to hospital. The doctors had the put the two boys in emergency ICU and were immediately taken care of.
Then the hospital staff and police asked the personal details. At this point, I requested the police that this would mean a lot of hassle for me. So please leave me out of this and I just did this out of sheer empathy. The police personnel and doctors appreciated my chota Kadam and let me go away with bada positive change of my life. PEOPLE ARE GOOD!"Kadam Chota Change Bada"
 A small very interesting point I wish to add here: most of the times we all crib about the maids and their tantrums. My car became dirty as the boy had head-injury and was vomiting. The cleaners came on their own cleaned my car and thanked me. I was astonished and somewhere felt there is something wrong with us and not the helpers at home. This "chota Kadam changed me bada" vision of life. People and our helpers or maids are essentially good human beings.
On a larger scale, I think this "chota kadam made a bada change" in the perception of the people around who were scared to help the accident victims. This "chota kadam must have led to bada change" in the perception of the police too. They may help next time if the need arises.
Many a time I feel one is destinated to do certain things. I could not go to the market after this event. It was like going to Moolchand and take the boys to the hospital and then come back home. Was it all predesigned by GOD?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Developing Scientific temperament

How to save your child from a sex predator?